Make a criminal complaint or ask for police assistance

Emergency: 911


Non-emergency complaints should be made to the jurisdiction in which the incident took place.

On campus: 

University of Iowa Police: (319) 335-5022

Off campus:

Iowa City Police: (319) 356-5275

Coralville Police: (319) 248-1800

Johnson County Sheriff: (319) 356-6020

North Liberty Police: (319) 626-5724

University Heights Police: (319) 887-6800


Criminal complaints and university administrative complaints

Among a victim's options is to make a complaint. Depending on the situation, there may be two separate complaint options - through law enforcement and the university.

City and campus police enforce laws and investigate alleged criminal activity. The university enforces policies and investigates alleged policy violations. These processes are different and may result in different outcomes and consequences. OSMRC is responsible for educating possible complainants about both of these options. Call (319) 335-6200 or email us to make an appointment to learn more about these complaint options.