The Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator can assist you in locating resources. You are not alone in facing these matters. You can find numerous ways to access support from the options below.

Contact a confidential resource (24-hour assistance)

Research suggests that individuals impacted by sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, or stalking who work with a counselor or advocate heal more quickly and experience less postsecondary trauma. This page describes confidential resources, including 24-hour advocate hotlines, chatlines, counseling services, and educational services.

Seek medical assistance

Individuals who have experienced sexual assault may choose to get a medical forensics exam with a specially trained Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE). 

Ask for an accommodation

Individuals may ask OSMRC for accommodations, such as excused absences, assignment extensions, or class or housing changes. You do not need to make a complaint to request accommodations.

Explore reporting options

There are multiple ways to report a problem to OSMRC. You have a say in how your report is handled - not every report leads to a complaint.

Locate an attorney

Use these resources to locate an attorney in the Iowa City area.

Make a criminal complaint or ask for police assistance

For emergencies, dial 911. For non-emergencies, contact the jurisdiction in which the incident occurred.


Download a printable copy of these resources