UIowa Logo
Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator
450 Van Allen Hall
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242 319.335.6200

This project was supported by Grant No. 2011-WA-AX-0003 awarded by the Office of Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.

University of Iowa

Resource and Referral Guide

Sexual Misconduct,
Dating/Domestic Violence,
and Stalking


seek an advocate - 24 houR assIstance


(319) 335-6000

domestic violence Intervention program

(319) 351-1043

monsoon united asian Women of Iowa

(866) 881-4641

An advocate can confidentially answer questions, provide information about options, and help with safety planning.

Victims have a right to include an advocate in meetings with University administrators, law enforcement, medical personnel, and in court proceedings.

seek medIcal assIstance

uIhc emergency treatment center

(319) 356-2233

mercy hospital

(319) 339-3600

A sexual assault medical exam ensures:

1.) Physical injuries that may have occurred are promptly identified and addressed
2.) Victims receive medication for prevention of pregnancy, HIV, or other infections
3.) Evidence is collected by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner and preserved for a criminal investigation or University complaint now or in the future.

uI confIdentIal ResouRces


(319) 335-6000

university counseling services

(319) 335-7294


(319) 335-3608

Women’s Resource and action center

(319) 335-1486

faculty and staff services (eap)

(319) 335-2085

Research suggests that victims who work with a counselor or advocate heal more quickly and experience less postsecondary trauma.

make a complaInt oR consult about uI polIcIes/pRoceduRes

office of the sexual misconduct Response coordinator

(319) 335-6200

office of equal opportunity and diversity

(319) 335-0705

Individuals may chose to take action under criminal statutes and/or University policies. The criminal and administrative processes are separate, but can be pursued concurrently.

make a cRImInal complaInt oR ask foR polIce assIstance

emergency 911

Non-Emergency: On Campus

university of Iowa police -------(319) 335-5022

Non-Emergency: Off Campus

Iowa city police ------------------- (319) 356-5275

coralville police ------------------ (319) 248-1800

Johnson county sheriff -------- (319) 356-6020

north liberty police ------------- (319) 626-5724

university heights police ------- (319) 626-5724

ask foR accommodatIon to addRess safety conceRns oR the Impact of tRauma

office of the sexual misconduct Response coordinator

(319) 335-6200
  • Housingchange
  • Classreassignment
  • Nocontactdirective
  • Extensiononanassignment
  • Workplaceorscheduleadjustment
  • Others,basedonsituation