The Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator (OSMRC) coordinates the university's response to reports of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking when those reports involve members of or visitors to the university community. Whatever your connection—whatever brings you to this website—you are not alone as you seek to address the problems you're facing. And we are here to assist.
Informed by current federal guidance, the OSMRC aims to ensure university responses promptly and effectively stop problem behavior, prevent its recurrence, and remedy its effects. The office:
- Provides a central place to report an incident
- Provides expert advice about university policies and procedures
- Provides referrals to campus and community confidential resources and victim advocates
- Facilitates accommodations to address safety concerns and support victims or complainants so academic and professional pursuits may continue unimpeded
- Coordinates the university's response by working with victims or complainants to ensure their wishes are understood and inform the process
- Collaborates with first responders, judicial administrators, law enforcement, and advocates to assist with a resolution that balances the needs of the individuals involved with those of the larger community
- Provides process oversight as Title IX Coordinator
- Keeps records to ensure patterns of behavior are identified
- Leads the UI Anti-Violence Coalition to ensure continuous improvement in policies, procedures, and prevention efforts
All of us play a vital role in making our campus a respectful and safe place to live, learn, and work. Visit the Get Involved section of our website to identify steps you can take to make a difference. We welcome your involvement in our mission to foster a campus environment that promotes reporting and compassionate responses to sexual harassment and interpersonal violence.
Learn about campus and community resources, download a copy of the Resource and Referral Guide, or view a map of local agencies and offices that can help.
Report a Problem:
Report an incident to university administration with our online form.
"Mandatory Reporter" Defined:
Find out if you have reporting responsibilities as an A/AO or a CSA, read about A/AO reporting responsibilities.