The Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator (OSMRC) coordinates the university's response to reports of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct, including dating/domestic violence, and stalking when those reports involve members of or visitors to the university community. Whatever your connection—whatever brings you to this website—you are not alone as you seek to address the problems you're facing. And we are here to assist.
Informed by federal regulations and best practice, the OSMRC aims to ensure the university’s response is fair, equitable, and effectively stops problem behavior, prevents its recurrence, and remedies its effects. The office:
- Provides a central place to report an incident
- Works with campus community members as they navigate situations involving potential sexual harassment and sexual misconduct
- Works with Complainants to ensure options for resolution are understood, so they can make an informed decision as to how to proceed
- Provides referrals to campus and community resources for support, advice, and/or help addressing safety concerns
- Facilitates supportive measures to ensure equal access to university programs and activities is preserved or restored
- Ensures members of the university’s Title IX team, which includes investigators, adjudicators, sanctioning decision-makers, appeal officers, and OSMRC response coordinators are trained in their roles and responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with Title IX and the university’s Title IX program
- Keeps records to ensure patterns and climate issues are identified and addressed
- Leads the UI Anti-Violence Coalition to ensure continuous improvement in policies, procedures, and prevention efforts
All of us play a vital role in making our campus a respectful and safe place to live, learn, and work. Visit the Get Involved section of our website to identify steps you can take to make a difference. We welcome your involvement in our mission to foster a campus environment that promotes reporting and compassionate responses to sexual harassment and interpersonal violence.
Learn about campus and community resources, download a copy of the Resource and Referral Guide, or view a map of local agencies and offices that can help.
Report a Problem:
Report an incident to university administration with our online form.
Mandated Reporter Defined:
Find out if you have reporting responsibilities as an A/AO or a CSA, read about A/AO reporting responsibilities.